Saturday, August 26, 2006

The man I ever admired........

It was start of the busy week. Armed with the information to fight for the day, on monday morning, I entered one of the client office to execute the delivery for next release of our software. It was close to my home and the weather was pleasant. So, I didn't miss to witness the beauty of the day and just walked to the office.

There were couple of people waiting in the office entrance for my arrival. I received their bouquets with my smiles and walked with them to a meeting room.

"Hey Vijay......got up......you reached the office", cleared my thoughts, "oh........was it a dream".

I reached the office and called the person that I had to meet. He took me to his office. I need to coordinate with them and they will execute the delivery.

There were UNIX administrators, oracle DBAs to whom I had to meet. It was nice working with the new faces. The time was passed not only by making the delivery but cracking jokes and speaking about India, tamil and especially about the current happenings in Sri Lanka.

It was Peter Koster, an Oracle DBA who was keen in discussing about tamil and Sri Lanka. I was wondering as what inspired him to know the details. To my surprise, he did not know that I am a tamilian, but he had a good impression about tamilians.

My doubts were cleared with no time as he pulled out his wallet and showed a picture of three kids. They were cute and two of them looked like Sri Lankans. The other kid was an european. But at the same time, I could not understand why he was showing it.

My ears received a line which I believe I didn't hear at any time in reality. "I adopted them", came from Peter Koster. I was silent and was just watching at him as what he was telling.

He went to Sri Lanka few years back. He volunteered to spend sometime to educate the kids in an orphanage in Sri Lanka. He took these two kids when they were four months old. Now they are around 4 yrs old.

One kid was a Sri Lankan tamilian and the other was Sinhale. He was still having doubt why the Sri Lankan government issued two different colors of passports and differentiate people in their own country as these two kids were different in their origin. He was pouring many questions like why there was the war still running in the country. I could manage to give some lights about the happenings in the country.

I was surprised about him. Sometime I would think to adopt a kid after my marriage but was thinking about the consequences. It was going for years. When we struggle to make our mindset to adopt a single kid, the man adopted three kids. And he was so happy. Wow! I really expressed my feelings and greetings.

I thought my day was fruitful in meeting the person than my successful delivery.

Looking forward to see the kids!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow good expression.. but is it real?I have heard of Peter Koster.Has he really adopted the children ?
Aps

11:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Vijaya...Good witeup..But you have not written your thoughts completly or have modified them after writing.
BUt this is wonderful if Peter has actually adopted them?

11:15 AM  
Blogger vijayababu Booapthy said...

yea........He did it really......

I did put my complete thoughts.....eager to find if anything was missed out.....pls let me know.....

11:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A soul filled with love will do that, hats off to you Mr.koster.

vijaya... Don't think of the consequences for doing a thing that you would love to do.

You may not get a second chance ...

6:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

An amazing story. It looks like my story. My name is Peter Koster, I am an Oracle DBA, have adopted 3 kids. Two of them are Sri Lankan.
There's only 1 difference: both of them are Singhale.

2:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

rofl!

11:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home